Digest Acceptance Criteria
Electronic digest submission will open on 16th November 2016. The deadline for digest submission is 6th January 2017 and will be strictly observed. Digests sent via email or regular mail will not be processed or acknowledged. Digests should be in the form of a two page summary.
- The digest must report a substantial advance in the science of magnetism and magnetic materials.
- The advance in knowledge must be both original and significant.
- The work reported must be substantially complete, with specific reference to new results. Sufficient context and detail must be included to allow the Programme Committee to make an assessment of the work.
- The Programme Committee wishes to permit as many groups as possible to present their work. Groups or individuals considering the submission of several related digests should, wherever possible, combine them into a single submission.
- The digest must be written in clear English. If necessary, please have a native English speaker edit your digest before submission.
Digest Submission Requirements
How to Submit a Digest:
- All digests must be submitted electronically. The link is available below.
- Digests sent via email, fax, or regular mail will not be processed or acknowledged.
- Acknowledgment of your submission will be sent via email. If you do not receive an email confirmation, your digest has not been submitted. Please check the email address that you entered into the online system.
- The presenting author must be a paid registrant at the Conference. The Conference does not provide financial support nor registration fee waivers for any presentations.
Online Submission Procedures:
- Read and follow the submission procedures, which will be available at each step of the online process.
- Provide an accurate email address for the corresponding author and provide all other information requested on the electronic form. This email address will be used for all communications.
- Use upper and lower case characters. Do not use all upper case. Acronyms of institution names are acceptable. Be sure to type your first and last names in the proper boxes.
- Follow instructions on the allowed image file formats for the abstract submission. Accepted formats are: tiff, gif, bmp, jpeg, and other common image file formats. Do not use .ps, .eps, or .pdf files.
- Submit your digest only once.
- Digests should be 5600 characters or less for the text of your submission (digest body and image captions) and are limited by the submission system. All spaces and punctuation will be counted. Title, authors, affiliations, and references will not count in the 5600 character limit.
- Up to two figures/tables are permitted. However, please remove the white space around the outer edge of the image/table. Also, you should carefully consider the complexity and detail in your image, as it will be printed at a width of approximately 3 inches. Complex images are not recommended as they may be difficult for the reader to discern.
- The web submission system will automatically produce your digest in the proper format for publication in the Digest Book. You may copy and paste your abstract, without formatting or TeX characters, into the space provided at the website. Figures need to be uploaded. The version you view and edit on the screen is a facsimile.
- Draft mode will be available until the deadline date so authors may edit digests until then.
- If you change your mind about your digest after you submit it, you may either edit the abstract by putting it in Draft mode or you may withdraw the original digest and submit a new one.
- If you edit a digest in Draft mode, you must resubmit it when you are finished or it will not be reviewed. Digests left in draft mode are not submitted.
- Detailed instructions on the submission process will be available online in the submission system.
After the Program is finalized, the digests will be available on the Conference website in a fully searchable format. If you have questions, please contact the digest committee: firstname.lastname@example.org.